S/Y Babette Sails to the Caribbean

S/Y Babette sails to the Caribbean, carefully avoiding the Pirates, and then sails back again to Norway.

The crewmembers: Shannon
About the crew:
See the complete profile

See more of our photos at www.flickr.com
(Want to read the posts in chronological order?)

Thursday, July 07, 2005

We're off!


A beautiful sunny dawn. Great day to sail away.

09:30: We're off. Flat seas, no wind, as we motor out the Hidra Sound. Out of the sound we set sail as the sea breeze picks up. We point ourselves towards Lossiemouth in Scotland, via the 4o's oilfield. Soon we're sailling great guns, about 6knots. The seas are still flat and we have boiled salmon for dinner. The wind increases towards evening, and I don't know if I can trust my sea-legs yet.

Ørnulf takes a watch for me, and by morning I'm fine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment!

<< Hide